Structure of FPC
According to the number of layers of conductive copper foil, FPC can be divided into single layer circuit, double layer circuit, multi-layer circuit, double sided and so on.
Single-layer structure: the flexible circuit of this structure is the simplest structure of the flexible PCB. Usually the base material (dielectric substrates) + transparent rubber(adhesive) + copper foil is a set of purchased raw materials(semi-manufactures), the protective film and transparent glue are another kind of bought raw material. First, copper foil must be etched to obtain the required circuit, and the protective film should be drilled to reveal the corresponding pad. After cleaning, the two are combined by rolling. Then the exposed part of the pad electroplated gold or tin to protect. In this way, the big panel board will be ready. Generally also it’s stamped into the corresponding shape of the small circuit board. There is also no protective film directly on the copper foil, but printed resistance soldering coating, so that the cost will be lower, but the mechanical strength of the circuit board will become worse. Unless the strength requirement is not high and the price needs to be as low as possible, it is best to apply the protective film method.
Double layer structure: when the circuit is too complex to be wired, or copper foil is needed to shield the ground, it is necessary to choose a double layer or even a multilayer. The most typical difference between a multilayer and a single plate is the addition of a perforated structure to connect the layers of copper foil. The first process of transparent rubber + base material + copper foil is to make holes. Drill holes in the base material and copper foil first, clean and then plated with a certain thickness of copper. The subsequent fabrication process is almost the same as the single-layer circuit.
Double sided structure: both sides of the double sided FPC have pads, mainly used to connect other circuit boards. Although it and monolayer structure is similar, but the manufacturing process is very different. Its raw material is copper foil, protective film and transparent glue. The protective film should be drilled according to the position of the pad first, then the copper foil should be affixed, the pad and track lines should be etched and then the protective film of another drilled hole should be affixed.
FPC Case: Flexible PCB | Impedance controlled Flex PCB | Polyimide Flex PCB
(Flexible printed circuits are custom-made products, the picture and parameters shown are just for reference)
This is a type of flexible PCB built on polyimide 76 micron substrate with 90 ohm impedance controlled on 0.15mm/0.3mm track and gap for the application of Wireless Broadband. It's standard 0.20 mm thick with yellow solder mask (coverlay) on both sides and immersion gold are on pads. FR-4 as stiffener is on the head and tail. The base material is used from Shengyi, entire board supplying 1 up flex per panel. They're fabricated per IPC 6012 Class 2 using supplied Gerber data. Each 25 pieces are packed for shipment.
Parameter and data sheet
|PCB Size: ||116 X 108mm = 1 PCS |
|Number of Layers ||2 layers |
|Board Type ||Flexbile PCB |
|Board Thickness ||0.2mm +/-10% |
|Stackup ||TOP FR-4 Steffener 0.8mm |
|PI coverlay 0.025mm |
|Copper top 0.035mm finish |
|Polyimide substrate 0.076mm |
|Copper top 0.035mm finish |
|PI coverlay 0.025mm |
|Board Material Supplier ||Shengyi |
|Tg Value of Board Material ||60℃ |
|PTH Cu thickness ||20 um |
|Inner Iayer Cu thicknes ||N/A |
|Surface Cu thickness ||35 um (1oz) |
|Coverlay Colour ||Yellow |
|Number of Coverlay ||2 |
|Thickness of Coverlay ||25 um |
|Stiffener ||FR-4 0.8mm |
|Type of Silkscreen Ink ||N/A |
|Supplier of Silkscreen ||N/A |
|Color of Silkscreen ||N/A |
|Number of Silkscreen ||N/A |
|Minimum via (mm) ||0.3 |
|Minimum Trace (mil) ||5.90 |
|Minimum Gap(mil) ||11.8 |
|Surface Finish ||Immersion Gold |
|RoHS Required ||Yes |
|Famability ||94-V0 |
|Thermal Shock Test ||Pass, -25℃±125℃, 1000 cycles. |
|Thermal Stress ||Pass, 300±5℃,10 seconds, 3 cycles. No delamination, no blistering. |
|Function ||100% Pass electrical test |
|Workmanship ||Compliance with IPC-A-600H & IPC-6013C Class 2 |
|Type of artwork to be supplied ||email file, Gerber RS-274-X, PCBDOC etc |
|Service area ||Worldwide, Globally. |
Features and benefits
Reducing the volume;
Consistency of assembly;
Powerful PCB capabilities support your research and development, sales and marketing;
Delivery on time with higher than 98% on-time-delivery rate;
Team with passion, discipline, responsibility and honesty;
No minimum order quantity. 1 piece is available;
Flexible flat cable, Industrial control temperature controller soft board, medical equipment controller, automobile GPS navigation flex board, tablet keypad flex board, display backlight
Why choose us?
1) Focus on your core competencies: We’ve deeply known it is full of fierce competition for our customers in the market. You can focus on such important competencies as research and development, sales and marketing based on our professional performance and skilled services that exceeding your expectation.
2) Cutting-edge technology: it is rational for a small and medium-sized customer to hanker after the latest equipment and manufacturing expertise for its PCBs. By the partnerships
with Bicheng PCB, you gain access to reach your expectation with our 3 factory bases with over 26,000 square meters.
4) Save the cost of production: Production cost is one of the key points of our customers’ product competitiveness. Bicheng PCB have been striving to reduce its manufacturing cost from equipment introduce, worker training and technology improvement to increase their profitability. Customers are satisfied with our cost savings but without quality loss.
5) Avoid hassle: It’s an upset matter when quality problem hassling you. Bicheng engineering design prevents problem from occurring in pre-production. You will not get headache with Bicheng prototypes, small orders and volume production. Our rate of customer complaint is less than 1% and will be solved satisfactory.
6) Save time: Market requires the products updating quickly. Bicheng PCB always works fast and flexible to save the time of production from prototype to standard production,
quick turn-around or scheduled deliveries.
7) An excellent team: Bicheng is trustworthy partner with passion, discipline, responsibility and honesty. We have a team of experienced sales persons and skilled customer services. Do not change your supplier. If change is must, Bicheng is the right one for you.