Just as its name implies, high frequency is that the frequency is relatively high, generally refers to the frequency of >=300 MHz (i.e. wave length <=1m), that is, the usual radio frequency band. The electromagnetic wave of frequency >=1GHz is called microwave.
High frequency printed circuit board or microwave PCB refers to the printed circuit board made on the high frequency (microwave) substrate copper clad plate. The common types are: Double-sided board, multilayer board and mixed structure.
Mixed structure includes high performance special substrate, PP sheet + ordinary performance board and PP sheet mixed pressing board; high frequency substrate + ordinary FR4 substrate; high frequency substrate + metal base etc.
1) The characteristic of low dielectric loss makes the signal loss at a lower level, which makes the signal transmission of the whole equipment excellent;
2) Low water absorbability influences dielectric constant and dielectric loss less at damp;
3) The temperature coefficient of dielectric constant is among the lowest of any circuit board material, making it ideal for temperature sensitive applications;
4) Stable electrical coefficient of dielectric constant;
5) Superior corrosion resistance;
6) The dielectric constant (DK) is low and stable, so the signal transmission is good without delay;
Typical frequencies for wireless applications:
* Current mobile: 0.9GHz - 2GHz
* 3G systems: 2.5GHz
* Bluetooth: 2.5GHz
* GPS: 12.6GHz
* LMDS: 24GHz and 40GHz
* Automotive: 77GHz
RFID, Wireless communications, base station and antenna, amplifier, military products, consumer electronics.
PCB Products and PCB Services
1) Material type: RO4350B, RO4003C, F4(PTFE), RF-35A2, TLA-6 etc.
2) PCB type: Double sided and multilayer PCB.
3) Hybrid of FR-4 and high freqency material combined.
4) RO4350B laminates: 10mil (0.254mm), 13.3mil (0.338mm), 20mil (0.508mm), 30mil (0.762mm), 60mil
5) RO4003C laminates: 12mil(0.305mm), 20mil(0.508mm), 32mil(0.813mm)
6) Base copper 0.5oz and 1oz
7) Solder mask most commonly used: Green and Red
8) Surface finish most commonly used:Immersion gold, copper exposure and HASL
9) Prototype, small batches run and volume production.
10) MOQ: 1PCS.
11) Door to door shipment service
Payment & Shipping Terms:
|Number Of Layers:||2||Glass Epoxy::||RT/duroid 6006|
|Final Foil:||1.0 Oz||Final Height Of PCB::||1.3 Mm ±10%|
|Surface Finish:||HASL LF||Solder Mask Color::||Green|
|Colour Of Component Legend:||White||Test:||100% Electrical Test Prior Shipment|
Rogers RT/Duroid 6006 High Frequency PCB
Today we’re going to talk about Rogers 6006 PCB.
Rogers RT/duroid 6006 microwave laminates are ceramic-PTFE composites which are designed for electronic and microwave circuit applications requiring a high dielectric constant. RT/duroid 6006 laminate is available with a dielectric constant value of 6.15.
|PCB Material:||Ceramic-PTFE composite|
|Dielectric constant:||6.15 ±0.15 (process)|
|Layer count:||1 Layer, 2 Layer|
|Copper weight:||0.5oz (17 µm), 1oz (35µm), 2oz (70µm)|
|PCB thickness:||10mil (0.254mm), 25mil (0.635mm)|
|50mil (1.27mm), 75mil (1.90mm)|
|PCB size:||≤400mm X 500mm|
|Solder mask:||Green, Black, Blue, Yellow, Red etc.|
|Surface finish:||Bare copper, HASL, ENIG, Immersion tin, OSP.|
RT/duroid 6006 microwave laminates feature ease of fabrication and stability in use. This property results in the possibility of mass production and reducing the cost of goods. It has tight dielectric constant and thickness control, low moisture absorption, and good thermal mechanical stability.
|Features and Benefits|
|1. High dielectric constant for circuit size reduction|
|2. Low loss. Ideal for operating at X-bank or below|
|3. Tight DK and thickness control for repeatable circuit performance|
The typical applications are aircraft collision avoidance systems, ground radar warning systems, patch antennas, satellite communications systems etc.
Thank you for your reading.
Appendix: Properties of RT/duroid 6006 laminates.
|RT/duroid 6006 Typical Value|
|Property||RT/duroid 6006||Direction||Units||Condition||Test Method|
|Dielectric Constant,εProcess||6.15±0.15||Z||10 GHz/23℃||IPC-TM-650 220.127.116.11 Clamped stripline|
|Dielectric Constant,εDesign||6.45||Z||8GHz to 40 GHz||Differential Phase Length Method|
|Dissipation Factor,tanδ||0.0027||Z||10 GHz/A||IPC-TM-650 18.104.22.168|
|Thermal Coefficient of ε||-410||Z||ppm/℃||-50℃-170℃||IPC-TM-650 22.214.171.124|
|Volume Resistivity||7 x 107||Mohm.cm||A||IPC 126.96.36.199|
|Surface Resistivity||2 x 107||Mohm||A||IPC 188.8.131.52|
|Tensile Properties||ASTM D638 (0.1/min. strain rate)|
|Young's Modulus||627(91) 517(75)||X Y||MPa(kpsi)||A|
|Ultimate Stress||20(2.8) 17(2.5)||X Y||MPa(kpsi)||A|
|Ultimate Strain||12 to 13 4 to 6||X Y||%||A|
|Compressive Properties||ASTM D695 (0.05/min. strain rate)|
|Young's Modulus||1069 (115)||Z||MPa(kpsi)||A|
|Flexural Modulus||2634 (382) 1951 (283)||X||MPa(kpsi)||A||ASTM D790|
|Ultimate Stress||38 (5.5)||X Y||MPa(kpsi)||A|
|Deformation under load||0.33 2.1||Z Z||%||24hr/50℃/7MPa 24hr/150℃/7MPa||ASTM D261|
|Moisture Absorption||0.05||%||D48/50℃ 0.050"(1.27mm) thick||IPC-TM-650 184.108.40.206|
|Thermal Conductivity||0.49||W/m/k||80℃||ASTM C518|
|Coefficient of Thermal Expansion||47|
|ppm/℃||23℃/50% RH||IPC-TM-650 2.4.41|
|Td||500||℃ TGA||ASTM D3850|
|Copper Peel||14.3 (2.5)||pli (N/mm)||after solder float||IPC-TM-650 2.4.8|
|Lead-free Process Compatible||Yes|