Just as its name implies, high frequency is that the frequency is relatively high, generally refers to the frequency of >=300 MHz (i.e. wave length <=1m), that is, the usual radio frequency band. The electromagnetic wave of frequency >=1GHz is called microwave.
High frequency printed circuit board or microwave PCB refers to the printed circuit board made on the high frequency (microwave) substrate copper clad plate. The common types are: Double-sided board, multilayer board and mixed structure.
Mixed structure includes high performance special substrate, PP sheet + ordinary performance board and PP sheet mixed pressing board; high frequency substrate + ordinary FR4 substrate; high frequency substrate + metal base etc.
1) The characteristic of low dielectric loss makes the signal loss at a lower level, which makes the signal transmission of the whole equipment excellent;
2) Low water absorbability influences dielectric constant and dielectric loss less at damp;
3) The temperature coefficient of dielectric constant is among the lowest of any circuit board material, making it ideal for temperature sensitive applications;
4) Stable electrical coefficient of dielectric constant;
5) Superior corrosion resistance;
6) The dielectric constant (DK) is low and stable, so the signal transmission is good without delay;
Typical frequencies for wireless applications:
* Current mobile: 0.9GHz - 2GHz
* 3G systems: 2.5GHz
* Bluetooth: 2.5GHz
* GPS: 12.6GHz
* LMDS: 24GHz and 40GHz
* Automotive: 77GHz
RFID, Wireless communications, base station and antenna, amplifier, military products, consumer electronics.
PCB Products and PCB Services
1) Material type: RO4350B, RO4003C, F4(PTFE), RF-35A2, TLA-6 etc.
2) PCB type: Double sided and multilayer PCB.
3) Hybrid of FR-4 and high freqency material combined.
4) RO4350B laminates: 10mil (0.254mm), 13.3mil (0.338mm), 20mil (0.508mm), 30mil (0.762mm), 60mil
5) RO4003C laminates: 12mil(0.305mm), 20mil(0.508mm), 32mil(0.813mm)
6) Base copper 0.5oz and 1oz
7) Solder mask most commonly used: Green and Red
8) Surface finish most commonly used:Immersion gold, copper exposure and HASL
9) Prototype, small batches run and volume production.
10) MOQ: 1PCS.
11) Door to door shipment service
Payment & Shipping Terms:
|Number Of Layers:||2||Glass Epoxy::||RO4360G2|
|Final Foil:||1 Oz||Final Height Of PCB::||0.6 Mm ±10%|
|Surface Finish:||Immersion Gold||Solder Mask Color::||Green|
|Colour Of Component Legend:||White||Test:||100% Electrical Test Prior Shipment|
Rogers RO4360G2 20mil Double Sided High Frequency PCB for Patch Antennas
(PCB's are custom-made products, the picture and parameters shown are just for reference)
RO4360G2 laminates of Rogers Corporation are 6.15 Dk, low loss, glass-reinforced, hydrocarbon ceramic-filled thermoset materials that provide the ideal balance of performance and processing ease. RO4360G2 laminates extend Rogers' portfolio of high performance materials by providing customers with a product that is lead-free process capable and offers better rigidity for improved processability in multi-layer board constructions, while reducing material and fabrication costs.
RO4360G2 laminates process similar to FR-4 and are automated assembly compatible. They have a low Z-axis CTE for design flexibility and have the same high Tg as all of the RO4000 product line. RO4360G2 laminates can be paired with RO4450F prepreg and lower-Dk RO4000 laminate in multi-layer designs.
RO4360G2 laminates, with a Dk of 6.15 (Design Dk 6.4), allow designers to reduce circuit dimensions in applications where size and cost are critical. They are the best value choice for engineers working on designs including power amplifiers, patch antennas, ground-based radar, and other general RF applications.
Features and benefits:
1. Thermoset resin system specially formulated to meet 6.15 Dk
1). Ease of fabrication / processes similar to FR-4
2). Material repeatability
3). Low loss
4). High thermal conductivity
5). Lower total PCB cost solution than competing PTFE products,
2. Low Z-axis CTE / High Tg
1). Design flexibility
2). Plated through-hole reliability
3). Automated assembly compatible
3. Environmentally friendly
1.) Lead free process compatible
4. Regional finished goods inventory
1). Short lead times / quick inventory turns
2). Efficient supply chain
Some Typical Applications:
1. Base Station Power Amplifiers
2. Small Cell Transceivers
3. Patch antennas
4. Ground-based Radar
PCB Capability (RO4360G2)
|PCB Material:||Hydrocarbon Ceramic-filled Thermoset Materials|
|Dielectric constant:||6.15 ±0.15|
|Layer count:||Double Layer, Multilayer, Hybrid PCB|
|Copper weight:||0.5oz (17 µm), 1oz (35µm), 2oz (70µm)|
|PCB thickness:||8mil (0.203mm), 12mil (0.705mm), 16mil (0.406mm), 20mil(0.508mm), 24mil (0.610mm), 32mil (0.813mm), 60mil(1.524mm)|
|PCB size:||≤400mm X 500mm|
|Solder mask:||Green, Black, Blue, Yellow, Red etc.|
|Surface finish:||Bare copper, HASL, ENIG, OSP etc..|
Data Sheet of RO4360G2
|RO4360G2 Typical Value|
|Dielectric Constant,εProcess||6.15±0.15||Z||10 GHz/23℃||IPC-TM-650 184.108.40.206|
|Dissipation Factor,tanδ||0.0038||Z||10 GHz/23℃||IPC-TM-650 220.127.116.11|
|Thermal Conductivity||0.75||W/mK||50℃||ASTM D-5470|
|Volume Resistivity||4.0 X 1013||Ω.cm||Elevated T||IPC-TM-650 18.104.22.168|
|Surface Resistivity||9.0 X 1012||Ω||Elevated T||IPC-TM-650 22.214.171.124|
|Electrical Strength||784||Z||V/mil||IPC-TM-650 126.96.36.199|
|Tensile Strength||131 (19) 97(14)||X Y||MPa (kpsi)||40 hrs 50%RH/23||ASTM D638|
|Flexural Strength||213(31) 145(21)||X Y||Mpa (kpsi)||40 hrs 50%RH/23||IPC-TM-650, 2.4.4|
|Coefficient of Thermal Expansion||13 14 28||X Y Z||ppm/℃||-50 ℃to 288℃ After Replicated Heat Cycle||IPC-TM-650, 2.1.41|
|Tg||>280||℃ TMA||IPC-TM-650 188.8.131.52|
|Td||407||℃||ASTM D3850 using TGA|
|T288||>30||Z||min||30 min / 125℃ Prebake||IPC-TM-650 184.108.40.206|
|Moisure Absorption||0.08||%||50℃/48hr||IPC-TM-650 220.127.116.11 ASTM D570|
|Thermal Coefficient of er||-131 @10 GHz||Z||ppm/℃||-50℃ to 150 ℃||IPC-TM-650, 18.104.22.168|
|Copper Peel Stength||5.2 (0.91)||pli (N/mm)||Condtion B||IPC-TM-650 2.4.8|
|Flammability||V-0||UL 94 File QMTS2. E102765|