Just as its name implies, high frequency is that the frequency is relatively high, generally refers to the frequency of >=300 MHz (i.e. wave length <=1m), that is, the usual radio frequency band. The electromagnetic wave of frequency >=1GHz is called microwave.
High frequency printed circuit board or microwave PCB refers to the printed circuit board made on the high frequency (microwave) substrate copper clad plate. The common types are: Double-sided board, multilayer board and mixed structure.
Mixed structure includes high performance special substrate, PP sheet + ordinary performance board and PP sheet mixed pressing board; high frequency substrate + ordinary FR4 substrate; high frequency substrate + metal base etc.
1) The characteristic of low dielectric loss makes the signal loss at a lower level, which makes the signal transmission of the whole equipment excellent;
2) Low water absorbability influences dielectric constant and dielectric loss less at damp;
3) The temperature coefficient of dielectric constant is among the lowest of any circuit board material, making it ideal for temperature sensitive applications;
4) Stable electrical coefficient of dielectric constant;
5) Superior corrosion resistance;
6) The dielectric constant (DK) is low and stable, so the signal transmission is good without delay;
Typical frequencies for wireless applications:
* Current mobile: 0.9GHz - 2GHz
* 3G systems: 2.5GHz
* Bluetooth: 2.5GHz
* GPS: 12.6GHz
* LMDS: 24GHz and 40GHz
* Automotive: 77GHz
RFID, Wireless communications, base station and antenna, amplifier, military products, consumer electronics.
PCB Products and PCB Services
1) Material type: RO4350B, RO4003C, F4(PTFE), RF-35A2, TLA-6 etc.
2) PCB type: Double sided and multilayer PCB.
3) Hybrid of FR-4 and high freqency material combined.
4) RO4350B laminates: 10mil (0.254mm), 13.3mil (0.338mm), 20mil (0.508mm), 30mil (0.762mm), 60mil
5) RO4003C laminates: 12mil(0.305mm), 20mil(0.508mm), 32mil(0.813mm)
6) Base copper 0.5oz and 1oz
7) Solder mask most commonly used: Green and Red
8) Surface finish most commonly used:Immersion gold, copper exposure and HASL
9) Prototype, small batches run and volume production.
10) MOQ: 1PCS.
11) Door to door shipment service
Payment & Shipping Terms:
|Number Of Layers:||2||Glass Epoxy::||PTFE F4B|
|Final Foil:||2 Oz||Final Height Of PCB::||3.0 Mm ±10%|
|Surface Finish:||Immersion Gold||Solder Mask Color::||Black|
|Colour Of Component Legend:||White||Test:||100% Electrical Test Prior Shipment|
Dual Layer High Frequency PCB Built on 2oz Copper 3.0mm PTFE With DK2.2 for Radio Systems
(PCB's are custom-made products, the picture and parameters shown are just for reference)
Polytetrafluoroethylene (Short for PTFE), commonly known as "plastic king ", is a polymer compound made of tetrafluoroethylene by polymerization. It has excellent chemical stability, corrosion resistance, sealing, high lubrication and non-viscosity, electrical insulation and good aging resistance. Used as engineering plastic, it can be made into PTFE tube, rod, belt, plate, film and so on. Generally it’s used in high performance requirements of corrosion-resistant pipes, containers, pumps, valves as well as radar, high-frequency communication equipment, radio equipment.
F4BM-1/2 High Frequency PCB
F4BM-1/2 is laminated by laying up of varnished glass cloth with Teflon resin, according to the scientific formulation and strict technology process. This product takes some advantages over F4B series in the electrical performance(wider range of dielectric constant,lower dielectric loss angle tangent,increased resistance,and more stability of performance)
At RF and Microwave frequencies, the dielectric constant of PTFE materials is as low as 3.5 or below, which keeps strong signal during transmission across PCB, making them ideal for overcoming the high speed limitation of FR-4.
PCB Capability (PTFE)
|PCB Material:||Fibre glass coated PTFE|
|Code:||F4BM-1/2 (family series)|
|Dielectric constant:||2.2, 2.55, 2.65,|
|3.0 and 3.5|
|Layer count:||1 Layer, 2 Layers and multi-layer|
|Copper weight:||0.5oz (17 µm), 1oz (35µm), 2oz (70µm), 3oz (105µm)|
|PCB thickness:||0.25mm, 0.5mm, 0.8mm, 1.0mm, 1.5mm, 2.0mm,3.0mm, 4.0mm, 5.0mm, 6.0mm, 8.0mm, 10.0mm, 12.0mm|
|PCB size:||≤400mm X 500mm|
|Solder mask:||Green, Black, Blue, Yellow, Red etc.|
|Surface finish:||Bare copper, HASL, ENIG, Silver, OSP,etc.|
Data Sheet of F4B (PTFE)
|Density||Normal state||g/ cm3||2.1～2.35|
|Moisture Absorption||Dip in the distilled water of 20±2℃ for 24 hours||%||≤0.02|
|Operating Temperature||High-low temperature chamber||℃||-50℃～+260℃|
|CTE (typical)||0～100℃ (εr :2.1~2.3)||ppm/℃||25(x)|
|CTE (typical)||0～100℃ (εr :2.3~2.9)||ppm/℃||14(x)|
|CTE (typical)||0～100℃ (εr :2.9~3.5)||ppm/℃||12(x)|
|Shrinkage Factor||2 hours in boiling water||%||0.0002|
|Surface Resistivity||500V DC||Normal state||M·Ω||≥1×104|
|Constant humidity and temperature||≥1×103|
|Volume Resistivity||Normal state||MΩ.cm||≥1×106|
|Constant humidity and temperature||≥1×105|
|Pin Resistance||500V DC||Normal state||MΩ||≥1×105|
|Constant humidity and temperature||≥1×103|
|Surface dielectric strength||Normal state||d=1mm(Kv/mm)||≥1.2|
|Constant humidity and temperature||≥1.1|
|Dielectric Constant||10GHZ||εr||2.20,2.55,2.65,3.0,3.5 (±2%)|