Just as its name implies, high frequency is that the frequency is relatively high, generally refers to the frequency of >=300 MHz (i.e. wave length <=1m), that is, the usual radio frequency band. The electromagnetic wave of frequency >=1GHz is called microwave.
High frequency printed circuit board or microwave PCB refers to the printed circuit board made on the high frequency (microwave) substrate copper clad plate. The common types are: Double-sided board, multilayer board and mixed structure.
Mixed structure includes high performance special substrate, PP sheet + ordinary performance board and PP sheet mixed pressing board; high frequency substrate + ordinary FR4 substrate; high frequency substrate + metal base etc.
1) The characteristic of low dielectric loss makes the signal loss at a lower level, which makes the signal transmission of the whole equipment excellent;
2) Low water absorbability influences dielectric constant and dielectric loss less at damp;
3) The temperature coefficient of dielectric constant is among the lowest of any circuit board material, making it ideal for temperature sensitive applications;
4) Stable electrical coefficient of dielectric constant;
5) Superior corrosion resistance;
6) The dielectric constant (DK) is low and stable, so the signal transmission is good without delay;
Typical frequencies for wireless applications:
* Current mobile: 0.9GHz - 2GHz
* 3G systems: 2.5GHz
* Bluetooth: 2.5GHz
* GPS: 12.6GHz
* LMDS: 24GHz and 40GHz
* Automotive: 77GHz
RFID, Wireless communications, base station and antenna, amplifier, military products, consumer electronics.
PCB Products and PCB Services
1) Material type: RO4350B, RO4003C, F4(PTFE), RF-35A2, TLA-6 etc.
2) PCB type: Double sided and multilayer PCB.
3) Hybrid of FR-4 and high freqency material combined.
4) RO4350B laminates: 10mil (0.254mm), 13.3mil (0.338mm), 20mil (0.508mm), 30mil (0.762mm), 60mil
5) RO4003C laminates: 12mil(0.305mm), 20mil(0.508mm), 32mil(0.813mm)
6) Base copper 0.5oz and 1oz
7) Solder mask most commonly used: Green and Red
8) Surface finish most commonly used:Immersion gold, copper exposure and HASL
9) Prototype, small batches run and volume production.
10) MOQ: 1PCS.
11) Door to door shipment service
Payment & Shipping Terms:
|Glass Epoxy:||AD450||Final Height Of PCB:||1.6 Mm ±0.16mm|
|Final Foil External::||1 Oz||Surface Finish:||Immersion Gold|
|Solder Mask Color::||Green||Colour Of Component Legend:||White|
|TEST:||100% Electrical Test Prior Shipment|
Arlon High Frequency PCB Built on AD450 60mil 1.524mm DK4.5 With Immersion Gold for Multimedia Transmission Systems
(Printed Circuit Boards are custom-made products, the picture and parameters shown are just for reference)
Rogers' (Arlon) AD450 is a woven fiberglass reinforced, ceramic filled, PTFE based composite material for use as a printed circuit board substrate. The woven fiberglass provides better dielectric constant and thickness uniformity, better dimensional stability as well as reduced manufacturing costs.
The electrical properties of AD450 suggest it can readily replace FR-4 in applications where higher frequencies and expectations for increased fidelity with broadband signal are beyond the performance offered by FR-4.
With a dielectric constant of 4.5, most FR-4 designs can be readily transferred. Its higher thermal conductivity and lower CTE also promote its use in higher power designs, where temperature extremes and heat rejection are primary considerations.
AD450 is compatible with processing used for standard PTFE based printed circuit board substrates. In addition, its low Z-axis thermal expansion will improve plated through hole reliability, compared to typical PTFE based laminates.
1. Circuit Board Miniaturization
2. Multimedia Transmission Systems
3. Wide Band Antenna Applications
4. Replacement of FR-4 in Higher Frequency Applications
Figure 1 demonstrates the stability of dielectric constant across frequency.
Figure 2 demonstrates the stability of dissipation factor across frequency.
Our PCB Capability(AD450)
|PCB Material:||Woven Fiberglass Re inforced, Ceramic filled, PTFE based Composite|
|Layer count:||Double Layer, Multilayer, Hybrid PCB|
|Copper weight:||0.5oz (17 µm), 1oz (35µm), 2oz (70µm)|
|PCB thickness:||10mil (0.254mm), 20mil (0.508mm), 30mil(0.762mm), 40mil(1.016mm), 50mil (1.27mm), 60mil (1.524mm), 70mil(1.778mm), 90mil (2.286mm), 180mil (4.572mm), 200mil (5.08mm), 230mil (5.842mm)|
|PCB size:||≤400mm X 500mm|
|Solder mask:||Green, Black, Blue, Yellow, Red etc.|
|Surface finish:||Bare copper, HASL, ENIG, OSP etc..|
Data Sheet of AD450
|Dielectric Constant @ 200 MHz||IPC TM-650 22.214.171.124||C23/50||4.5|
|Loss Tangent @ 10 GHz||IPC TM-650 126.96.36.199||C23/50||0.0035|
|Thermal Coefficient of Er||IPC TM-650 188.8.131.52||- 10℃ TO +140℃||-233.5|
|Copper Peel Strength (lb/in)||IPC TM-650 2.4.8||A, TS||>12|
|Volume Resistivity (MΩ-cm)||IPC TM-650 184.108.40.206||C96/35/90||1.2 X 109|
|Surface Resistivity (MΩ)||IPC TM-650 220.127.116.11||C96/35/90||4.5 X 107|
|Arc Resistance (seconds)||ASTM D-495||D48/50||>180|
|Tensile Modulus (kpsi)||ASTM D-638||A, 23℃||>700|
|Tensile Strength (kpsi)||ASTM D-882||A, 23℃||>20|
|Compressive Modulus (kpsi)||ASTM D-685||A, 23℃||>350|
|Flexural Modulus (kpsi)||ASTM D-790||A, 23℃||>540|
|Dielectric Breakdown (kV)||ASTM D-149||D48/50||>45|
|Density (g/cm3)||ASTM D-792 Method A||A, 23℃||2.45|
|Water Absorption (%)||IPC TM-650 18.104.22.168||E1/105 + D24/23||0.07|
|Coefficient of Thermal Expansion (ppm/℃) X Axis Y Axis Z Axis||IPC TM-650 2.4.24 TMA||0℃ to 100 ℃||8 11 42|
|Thermal Conductivity (W /mK)||ASTM E-1225||100℃||0.38|
|Outgassing Total Mass Loss (%) Collected Volatile Condensable Material (%) Water Vapor Recovered||NASA SP-R-0022A Maximum 1.00% Maximum 0.10%||125℃, ≦10-6 torr||0.01 0.01 0.00|
|Flammability||UL 94 Vertical Burn||C48/23/50, E24/125||UL94-V0|